At CogX, we firmly believe in the power of bringing people together, where different perspectives can safely connect, grow and develop into new opportunities to build a better future. With a global community that welcomes an exciting breadth of cultures, ideas and values, we’re committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
Our Code of Conduct provides a set of norms on what is and what is not allowed at CogX — across our online platforms or on Festival grounds.
In registering for and/or participating in CogX, you consent to complying with this Code of Conduct. We operate on a 1-strike policy with our Code of Conduct. After one strike you will be made to leave the conference. We do not tolerate the following:
- Spam (verbally or in chats), including saying or reposting the same word/content repeatedly in order to disrupt the conversation
- Harassment, bullying and intimidation
Harassment and bullying are defined as:
- Negative comments about race/ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, physical appearance, citizenship, or other protected categories.
- Intimidation or threats, including sharing images or text especially to threaten.
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including sharing images or text especially to sexually harass.
- Threatening or other endangerment of minors.
- Any activity meant to convey or cultivate hostility.
- Ad hominem insults or other attacks.
- Encouraging any of the behaviour above.
This policy applies to behaviour from and to any participants, attendees, moderators, MCs, speakers, and/or organisers and in compliance with the Equality Act of 2010.
You can submit concerns to [email protected] at any time. Please provide details of the incident and who is responsible, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.