Alvaro Fernandez Velando
Head of Models and Data
Alvaro Fernandez has over 22 years of experience in the financial services sector. He currently leads the data and analytics function at Santander Spain, including data arquitecture and governance, risk methodology and advanced analytics (ML & AI projects). Before that he was the CRM director at Santander, and previously he worked for several leading banks in the European region.
From carbon-scoring algorithms that show consumers the emissions stemming from their purchases (to help them make greener choices), to city-level insights on sustainability for banks, merchants,...
- Ben Kellard - Director of Business Strategy - Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- David Lais - Co-Founder & CPO - ecolytiq
- Thomas Deloison - Director, Mobility - WBCSD
- Alvaro Fernandez Velando - Head of Models and Data - Santander
- Jessi Lennard - Senior Director, Global Data and AI Initiatives - VISA (Moderator)