CEO and Co-Founder of BigchainDB GmbH Co-Founder and Board Member, Ocean Protocol
Bruce Pon is the Founder of BigchainDB and Ocean Protocol, blockchain startups focused on bringing data and AI together since 2013. Previously, Bruce co-founded Avantalion, a consulting firm that helped to build 20 banks around the globe for companies such as Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi & Jaguar LandRover. He has an Advanced Executive Certificate from MIT Sloan, a B.Sc in Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan, and has given guest lectures at Oxford, MIT Media Lab, Columbia University, and the European School of Management & Technology. In addition to being in the 2020 full-length documentary Cryptopia, Bruce was featured in Oxford University and Saïd Business School’s online Blockchain course as a guest expert and in ARTE’s The Digital Future. He’s given invited talks at World Economic Forum, MOBI Connect, CNBC, KuppingerCole, and more.
The clock is ticking and it’s time to get real about the unfolding data economy. This debate unpacks what it will take to drive faster progress and make real impact.
A true data...
- Alexander Stubb - Director and Professor at the School of Transnational Governance at the European University Institute - European University Institute
- Kenneth Cukier - Senior Editor - The Economist
- Carissa Véliz - Associate Professor in Philosophy at the Institute for Ethics in AI, and a Fellow at Hertford College - University of Oxford
- Bruce Pon - CEO and Co-Founder of BigchainDB GmbH Co-Founder and Board Member, Ocean Protocol - Ocean Protocol
- Tom Henriksson - General Partner - OpenOcean (Moderator)