Co-Founder & CPO
David Lais is a social entrepreneur and the founder of several innovative start-ups in the area of payments. He started his first company at the age of 16 and by pure chance entered the payments industry. In 2015, a life-changing event sparked his decision to act on climate change. He decided on the purpose of sustainable and socially impactful technology. In the ensuing months, he launched the non-for profit Organization for Sustainable Consumption, and co-founded ecolytiq, leveraging publicly available and payments data to enable sustainable banking.
David strongly believes in the urgency of consumer awareness and action on environmental impact, so as to reduce peoples’ environmental footprints in the long term. To David, technology is not a means to an end, but when used correctly, it is an indispensable tool. “We need to use the large pool of existing data for positive societal change, and not just for maximizing profit.”
From carbon-scoring algorithms that show consumers the emissions stemming from their purchases (to help them make greener choices), to city-level insights on sustainability for banks, merchants,...
- Ben Kellard - Director of Business Strategy - Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL)
- David Lais - Co-Founder & CPO - ecolytiq
- Thomas Deloison - Director, Mobility - WBCSD
- Alvaro Fernandez Velando - Head of Models and Data - Santander
- Jessi Lennard - Senior Director, Global Data and AI Initiatives - VISA (Moderator)