Head of Tech, Assurance & Good Practice
Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
Mark works for the Centre for Data Ethics & Innovation, leading a portfolio of work including the recently published Review into Bias in Algorithmic Decision-Making, our work on AI assurance and our technology team.
Prior to joining CDEI in 2019, he worked in a variety of technology strategy, architecture and cyber security roles in the UK government, as a software engineer, and completed a PhD in theoretical physics.
It’s widely agreed that automated decisions generated using AI should be underpinned by ethics and responsible good practice. It’s also a strongly held view that decisions should yield ‘good’...
- Melissa McSherry - SVP Global Head of Data, Security, and Identity Products - VISA
- Ziad Obermeyer - Blue Cross of California Distinguished Associate Professor - UC Berkeley
- Ashleigh Ainsley - Co-Founder - Colorintech
- Mark Durkee - Head of Tech, Assurance & Good Practice - Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Ivana Bartoletti - Director, Deloitte and Visiting Policy Fellow, University of Oxford - Deloitte (Moderator)