SVP Global Head of Data, Security, and Identity Products
Melissa McSherry has spent the better part of the last 25 years using data to drive strategic decisions about customers: what products they need, how to make those products better, how to price, and how to communicate. At Visa she leads Visa’s Global Data, Security and Identity Products team, which serves Visa clients and partners with predictive models and benchmarking to reduce fraud and drive customer engagement, underwriting, and marketing effectiveness.
Prior to Visa, McSherry managed Subprime Acquisitions, Decision Sciences, and Marketing and Credit for card partnerships at Capital One. She holds an MBA from Stanford and a BA from Harvard.
It’s widely agreed that automated decisions generated using AI should be underpinned by ethics and responsible good practice. It’s also a strongly held view that decisions should yield ‘good’...
- Melissa McSherry - SVP Global Head of Data, Security, and Identity Products - VISA
- Ziad Obermeyer - Blue Cross of California Distinguished Associate Professor - UC Berkeley
- Ashleigh Ainsley - Co-Founder - Colorintech
- Mark Durkee - Head of Tech, Assurance & Good Practice - Centre for Data Ethics and Innovation
- Ivana Bartoletti - Director, Deloitte and Visiting Policy Fellow, University of Oxford - Deloitte (Moderator)