Chief Executive Officer
Miles is a long time Venture Investor and has also started and run a number of innovation projects within Qualcomm on Machine Learning Processors, Augmented Reality and Wireless Charging. He has been the Managing Director of AV8 Ventures and is based in London. He is focused on investments at Seed and Series A in Next Generation Mobility, Big Data and AI, Digital Health and Cybersecurity. AV8 is an independent €150m financial fund investing in Europe and the US, formed in February 2018.
Prior to AV8 Ventures Miles was Managing Director of Qualcomm Ventures ($500M corporate fund with a portfolio of over 130 companies), leading Qualcomm’s investments in Europe. At Qualcomm Ventures Miles lead investments such as Iridigm (acquired by Qualcomm, 10x return), A123 (IPO’d and went on to a $2B valuation, 50x return), ChargeMaster (acquired by BP), Fon, Formula E and Voluntis.
While at Qualcomm Miles formed and ran an internal incubator and developed Qualcomm’s effort in Augmented Reality, Wireless Charging and Machine learning and holds 34 patents. He also spent a number of years setting up and running Product Management teams for Mobile Phones and Display groups at Qualcomm.
Miles holds an BA in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Bristol University and an MBA from University of California, Irvine. Outside of work, Miles likes spending time with his wife and two children, outdoor activities including mountain biking, hiking as well as classic cars.
Solving the climate crisis presents the single biggest opportunity of the last 200 years. Galvanising the potential of technology is urgent to achieving our climate goals. The CogX Climate...
- Miles Kirby - Chief Executive Officer - DeepTech Labs
- Sarah Jones - Senior Venture Manager - Creative Destruction Lab
- Adam Durant - CEO - Satavia
- Simon Hombersley - CEO - Xampla
- Gil Karie - Director of Innovation - Ignite Power
- Brittany Harris - CEO and Co-Founder - Qualis Flow
- Heather Delaney - Founder & Managing Director - Gallium Ventures
- Akriti Dokania - Investment Manager - Octopus Ventures
- Marcel Hedman - Founder and - Nural Research (Moderator)