Professor of Computational Intelligence & Robotics
Prof. Nefti-Meziani holds Doctorat D’etat in robotics and artificial intelligence and is Director of the Centre for Autonomous Systems & Advanced Robotics, and Chair of Robotics at the University of Salford. In this role, she leads a multidisciplinary team of 6 academics and 12 researchers in automation, robot/machine design, dexterous end effectors, legged robots, soft robotics, biologically-inspired robots, haptics/telepresence, physical human-robot interaction, rehabilitation robotics, cognitive robotics, uninhabited autonomous systems. She is an internationally leading researcher in embodied intelligence and cognition. She has 25 years’ experience in advanced theoretical research in the areas of embodied intelligence, advanced robotics where the focus of her contribution is in the development of concepts, mechanisms and algorithms. She has pioneered the first application of Soft Robotics in manufacturing.
- Samia Nefti-Meziani - Professor of Computational Intelligence & Robotics - Salford University
- Sabine Hauert - Senior Lecturer in Robotics - University of Bristol | President Robohub.org | Co-founder AIhub.org
- Paul Clarke - CTO - Ocado
- James Kell - In-Situ Technology Specialist - Rolls-Royce
- David Lane - Professor, Director - Edinburgh Centre for Robotics