Tom is a seasoned business leader and business developer, with a world class industry and VC network. He has led investments into several OpenOcean portfolio companies, including Truecaller, LoopMe, and Unacast – all of which have scaled impressively since the time of investment. Tom has Chair and Board experience from ca. 20 companies, including current Board roles with: Personalyze, Unacast, PassFort, LoopMe, Thimble, and Cambri.
Tom’s previous experience in venture capital includes serving as Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Holtron Ventures, the first investor in MySQL AB. He was also General Manager, Nokia Interactive Advertising, scaling the world’s leading premium mobile advertising network to more than $50M revenue run-rate from scratch in 2006-2009. Tom is an accomplished business development and investment expert, having developed, invested in, and acquired multiple new businesses during 9 years at Nokia Corporation, including serving as Head of Corporate Business Development.
The clock is ticking and it’s time to get real about the unfolding data economy. This debate unpacks what it will take to drive faster progress and make real impact.
A true data...
- Alexander Stubb - Director and Professor at the School of Transnational Governance at the European University Institute - European University Institute
- Kenneth Cukier - Senior Editor - The Economist
- Carissa Véliz - Associate Professor in Philosophy at the Institute for Ethics in AI, and a Fellow at Hertford College - University of Oxford
- Bruce Pon - CEO and Co-Founder of BigchainDB GmbH Co-Founder and Board Member, Ocean Protocol - Ocean Protocol
- Tom Henriksson - General Partner - OpenOcean (Moderator)